Monday, April 13, 2009

Cooper's 1st Zoo Trip

Well, I'll be honest. As much as Cooper loves animals I wasn't sure how he would do at the zoo. He is only two after all and that is a lot to take in for such a little person. Would he be ready to go in 30 minutes? Would he lose interest? Would he be scared when the huge animals were there in person at eye level with him? No, no and no are the answers to those questions. However, he was NOT impressed with the 20 minutes it took us to find a parking spot! So he went in with a little bit of a grudge toward the zoo - he is not a big fan of delayed gratification. But once we finally got in he was back to Cooper again! I even got a picture of him right at the entrance (once we made it through the crowd) with a huge smile. He had a great time. I think he will enjoy it even more on his second trip because now he will know what it means when we say we are going to the zoo. Plus he can request which exhibits we go to and which ones we skip! I have a feeling he will ask that we skip the orangutan ... lol ... when that monkey got a little closer than Cooper preferred he said "bye bye monkey" and turned to my mom and I and said "go find Cooper a new monkey" and held on for his life. So he was a tad afraid of that ugly little [huge] fellah!


The pretty smile I was referring to at the entrance!



Although photographically not a good picture, I just love the sillouette of him against the pretty fish tank! He loved the "shishies" (fishies) too!


Coop and me at the elephant exhibit (he wanted to ride one!)


"Bye Bye Monkey!" Otherwise known as the orangutan - of which he was NOT a fan!



Cooper loves to pet animals. Here he is enjoying the goats.




He got to pet a guinnea pig too. The zoo volunteer commented on how wonderful and gentle he was with the animal, he was very impressed! :)

No comments: